Thursday, April 24, 2003

I have a lot of essays that I should be writing at the moment. They looked exciting about a week ago - particularly my politics one, on the ethics of humanitarian intervention. But now? The reading has killed my interest. I am coming to hate theories of justice. What would possess someone to sit down one day in their study, and say to themselves that "today, I will write my theory of justice"? Only the most excruciating books and treatises seem to come out of such a process. I miss being creative - writing for the fun of it, not for the sake of bloody contentions and bloody topic sentences, and referencing, and substantiating... Hmph. Blogging seems pleasant, as it's at least some creative outlet. So perhaps that's what this lump of a post is about - I want to write more creative stuff. Not turgid essays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home