Thursday, June 19, 2003

Earlier today, I found myself in a rather... interesting situation. I met up with a girl from uni who I've "had my eye" on, so to speak, for the last few weeks. Anyhow, her parents and sister were around, so I said hi, and all was going well. This girl was really pleased to see me - lots of hugs, lots of giggly conversation. Then, at some point, she said to me: "You know, you mean so much to me. I don't think I've ever loved someone so much in my whole life." I couldn't believe it - I raised an eyebrow and asked, "Are you serious?" This really seemed too much to expect, we've known each other for a fairly short period of time. It felt like a set-up. "Yes", she said, "I've never said 'I love you' to anyone in my life you know. I really mean it, this is important to me." And I was about to express to her that I felt the same... But then something occurred to me. "Is this real?" I said to myself, "It feels real, but this is too good to be true... Oh." Something clicked. "I'm in a dream. Shit." And with that I woke up, and realised that it was 3pm, that I had dosed off while doing reading for an essay, and that my afternoon had been, in fact, eventless. Bugger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home