Thursday, July 10, 2003

As a completely unrelated afterthought to all that, I really must post a link to the recent ad campaign that has been put together by the Bank of Melbourne for their online banking. The pictures are all of middle-class people enjoying their comfortable, affluent lives, and they give me the heebie-jeebies. It's their accuracy: I look at images such as this, and coming from a middle-class background, I feel that I know the life stories of these people. What their kids were doing before they left the house. What their babysitter looks like. Who washes their daughters' school dresses. Where they go for holidays. I take my hat off to whoever designed the campaign - but still. It gives me the creeps. Perhaps 'creeps' isn't quite the right word - it's a sort of a cold chill, a bit of a fright, like the jump of recognition you get if you mutter your own name to yourself in the middle of the night. I'll find a link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home