Tuesday, July 15, 2003

In rotation at the moment...

The Breeders, "Glorious"
Deliberate in the manner of an inexorable approach; a lead guitar in the chorus reminiscent of a truck reversing; and Steve Albini's production - all that presence still novel, even after two albums of it with the early Pixies stuff...

The Pretenders, "Stop Your Sobbing"
Excellent handclaps; Chrissie Hynde's vocals sounding somewhat Nico-esque. To die for: the "uh-uh-uh-uh" bit towards the end, and the bass riff in the outro.

Sean Paul, "Get Busy"
Again, excellent handclaps. Crazy syncopation... I'll leave the critical breakdown to Tim, but suffice it to say... No, I'll just leave the breakdown to Tim.

The Jackson Five, "Can You Feel It"
This song makes me want to dance like I'm in a disco film clip - lots of pointing at random things as I sit at the laptop with it pumping through the headphones.

Others
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Art Star
Velvet Underground - I'm Set Free
The Temptations - The Way You Do The Things You Do ("You got a smile so bright/You could've been a candle/I'm holding you so tight/You know you could've been a handle")
Beyonce/Jay-z - Crazy in Love
David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
Easybeats - Friday On My Mind
Punjabi MC/Jay-Z - Beware of the Boys
Beck - Sunday Sun
Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
Neil Young - Heart of Gold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home