Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Regarding the post just previous to this, it occurs to me that it is not particularly imaginative to start posting bare-boned lists of songs I've been listening to - particularly when the lists involve such scant, cursory comment on why I've been enjoying them. But then it also occurs to me, slouched as I am in the comforts of my home, spending most of my time in pyjamas or nude in the bath, that I haven't got much to say at the moment about - well - the outside world. A friend of mine asked me the other week, whether or not this was a "personal" blog. I replied that it probably is, aware of a feeling that there seems something kind of second-rate about a purely personal blog. Which is, I suppose, what most blogs are - journals of the "what I had for breakfast" variety. And let's be honest - it's not like I'm travelling the world and keeping this as a diary for friends, or sitting in a bombed-out hotel in Baghdad, bearing witness to the real face of war, or anything unusual like that. I'm just presenting intermittent blocks of text, usually grumbling about how much I've been procrastinating, or how little I have to say. I'm not really providing much opinion on 'the world', either. So it looks like you might just be reading more in the future about me cooking myself in the bath, or eating toast smothered in peanut butter and tomato relish, or standing on the bench at the back of the garden at 5pm, attempting to catch at least some sunlight before the sun sets. Maybe once I go back to writing essays for uni (or GET A FREAKING JOB, I hear a voice nag from somewhere), I will have some thoughts on something other than the minutiae of life. But for the moment, it's the domestic stuff. Speaking of which, I might just go make myself one of those peanut butter and tomato relish concoctions... And look productive, as the rest of the family arises for school and work to find me at the laptop... Catch ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home