Thursday, June 22, 2006

Good news.

Regular readers and friends will recall that there was an essay that I got a twelve-month extension for, yet never handed in, on the topic of "The development and extension of Freud's ideas in Jacques Lacan, "The Mirror Stage as Formative of the Function of the I"". It was the cause of much angst (very much). Foolishly, I re-enrolled in the subject this semester. I have nearly pulled out all my hair while working on it.

Well?

It's done.

I sent it off to my lecturer this morning. That was the last piece of assessment for my Arts degree. There was dancing and whooping. I was tempted to pull my shirt over my head and run around the house with my arms in the air (too much soccer). In any case, regardless of what any Althusserian may tell you , I am now free.

Well, apart from these two small essays that I need to write for my German diploma. But after that death of the Freudian-Lacanian mammoth, these ones are a certainty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Intolerable Tim said...

Well fucking done!!!

:)

2:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!
P.S - how do you do it? I need advice!

6:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home